Thursday, June 30, 2011

Winter schedule

It's the triathlon off-season so my focus is on keeping up the core strength work with gym sessions and racing in the various duathlons and running races that come up at this time of year. I wrapped up last season with the Australian Ironman Triathlon in Port Macquarie followed by the NSW Club Championships in Forster where my club, Warringah, were looking to make it 5 State titles in a row. We took out 2nd place to Cronulla this year in a very close finish.

I have my race program pretty well sorted out for winter. There was the Balmoral Burn in May followed by the 10km Mosman Minimosmarathon road run in June. I came 5th in age group in the Burn and 2nd in Minimos with a PB. On June 5 I took out 2nd place in Race 1 of the Sydney duathlon series at Parramatta Park, an excellent event run by the Hills Triathlon Club. Race 2 is this Sunday then race 3 on July 31 which is the NSW State championship event. I'm doing City2Surf again in August and looking to improve on my PB from last year and clock around 65 minutes.

My first triathlon of the new season will be the Forster Ultimate event in October, a 2km swim,120km bike and 20km run. Looking forward to that. Then in November the Nepean Triathlon comes up and that's always a great race on a fast track.

I have been enjoying my new Cervelo P2C triathlon bike and the Easton Tempest 2 carbon tubulars are a joy to race on.

No comments:

Post a Comment